MakerKids is hiring! We are looking for event and promotional staff to lead some amazing events and workshops in Ottawa. See job description below:
How many of these are true about you?
- A maker or tech lover
- An actor, performer, and life of the party (or have experience running events)
- A cool person that kids, parents, and coworkers are gonna love to be around
If this sounds like you, we want you to come and join us at MakerKids – a fun and growing company where you can ignite children’s potential.
We inspire kids to see their futures as inventors, entrepreneurs, and innovators.
We provide amazing interest-driven STEM programs to help kids move from being consumers to creators.
We’ve been featured in major media such as Wired, CTV and the Globe and Mail, and have spoken at SXSW, Maker Faire, MakerCon, and more.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to have a positive impact on kids
- Want to share your love for technology and making
- Dig a relaxed, casual, and fun work environment
- Are looking to take on a leadership role and are looking to grow
Your job will be to lead MakerKids events and mini workshops throughout Ottawa. Events may include workshops at schools, children’s festivals and more. We teach coding, robotics and Minecraft. We don’t expect you to know how to code or play Minecraft! We will train you on what we do.What we want to see from you is the Maker spirit – a love of learning and proven ability to pick up skills. You will run mini activities and interact with parents and kids. You may work on your own or in a team to set up, execute and tear down the event.
This position is part-time (5-20 hours/week). Most events take place on the weekends. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Must be available May 13-15.
- You’re a creative and energetic person who likes working with kids and exploring new ideas
- You have experience running events
- You have excellent communication skills, written and oral, and experience communicating with children and their families
- You’re a Maker, with interest and experience designing and creating things, e.g. coding, electronics, robotics, Minecraft, crafting or some other way you entertain yourself and others with your creativity
- You’re comfortable using electronics, computer software, hardware and various other technologies – or very willing to learn and teach yourself
- Ideally, you have some performance experience, e.g. in the theatre
- And also ideal, some customer service and sales experience too
Email your resume and cover letter to Danielle Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org.