Hey there, innovative artists! Want to sell some of your homemade techy art? Be a part of our Winter Exhibition! Follow the submission procedures below and submit to: [email protected]
When? The Winter Exhibition runs from January 6, 2014 to March 14, 2014.
Where? MakerKids Gallery & Store. Located at 2241 Dundas St West (Roncy) on our bright and cheery main floor.
What? MakerKids is displaying and selling DIY projects from local artists. We are looking for High Tech Contraptions, Wearable Tech, Innovative Artwork, 3D Printed Objects, One of a Kind Jewelry, and all things made.
Why sell your work at MakerKids? Earn some money selling your work and gain exposure. We are regularly featured in local press articles (recently front page of Life section in the Globe and Mail). Educational professionals visit our space for workshops and events. Social Media platforms promote the important workshop info and store content. To learn more about MakerKids non-profit space for kids, visit our website: www.makerkids.ca.
Send us your submission by email: [email protected]. Your email subject should read, “Gallery Submission from ___your name___”
Your submission must include the following:
1) Basic Info:
– Phone Number
– Email Contact
2) About your work:
– Tell us a bit about yourself and about the artwork you wish to display.
– Tell us why you want to display your work inside a youth-focused makerspace. Hint! We bring local makers together, and inspire kids to get creative and to get high-tech.
– 3-5 images/videos of your work.
– specify measurements if possible (ex: the DIY pinball machine. Length: 200cm / Height: 10cm / Depth: 60cm)
3) Pricing guidelines:
– Include the price you charge for each item. We operate on consignment, and you will be paid when the item sells.
– We are accepting submissions from Jan 2, 2013 to January 20, 2014.
GALLERY & STORE DETAILS
Hours of operation: MakerKids is open during classes, workshops, and special events. For a weekly schedule, visit our website www.makerkids.ca. Your work will be set up in our Gallery and will not be removed until the end of the Exhibition.
Sales staff and supervision: MakerKids staff, instructors, and volunteers are all passionate makers and DIY enthusiasts. Our staff and instructors will answer customer questions about the Gallery and items for sale, and will also process sale transactions. Youth activities are always supervised.
Set-up: All artists are responsible for transporting their work. Volunteers will oversee set-up. Traveling by car? We have temporary parking behind the building. Taking public transit? We are steps from Dundas West subway station.
– 2 main store shelves. L: 117cm H: 20cm D: 33cm
– Window window display shelves. L: 140cm H: 50cm D: 33cm
– Free standing floor space: 4.5 meters by 3.6
– Your work will be displayed alongside other local artists.
SELLING YOUR WORK
All artwork and projects are sold on consignment. When the item sells, you will be contacted to pick up your earnings. If any items are not sold by the end of the Winter Exhibition, they will be made available for pick up.
MakerKids will review your application, and you will be notified by January 20, 2014 at the latest.
Note: We cannot promise that everyone’s work will make it into our Gallery. For those we cannot display, know that we really appreciate your contribution to the maker community, and hope to see more from you in the future!