MakerKids was named the top franchise concept from over 400 entrants as winner of the NextGen in Franchising Competition at the International Franchise Association conference. We have 1 corporate location and 1 franchised location, and tons of interest from prospective franchisees – and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for ambitious Franchisee Operations Manager to motivate, support and inspire our franchisees to succeed using the MakerKids sales, training and business methodologies. The Franchise Operations Manager will initially also act as the MakerKids Training HQ leader and will be our first Franchise Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate is energetic and enthusiastic, with excellent written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills. He/she is a patient individual with direct and relevant experience as a kids’ activity professional. Must have problem-solving abilities and is an obvious cultural fit for the MakerKids organization.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
– Provide ongoing pro-active business coaching and operations advice to MakerKids franchisees
– Be available for operations advice to all locations under your portfolio in region.
– Set up Performance Meetings to re-train Owners/Manager on weak link/s in their business, and monitor progress going forward
– Deliver ongoing sales and retention education to established locations
– Work with the MakerKids team to optimize the MakerKids business system
– Develop training
– Research and implement new systems and software
– Implement mechanisms to gauge the quality of franchisees
– Understanding of the kids’ education industry and its various sectors
– Regular travel will be required to the area and franchisees within network
– Strong kids’ program sales background ideal, but MakerKids specific training will be provided
– Have a working knowledge of kids’ activity business systems, including franchising
– Comfortable with public speaking, leading, and motivating teams
– Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
– Ability to multitask, stay organized, and maintain reports
– Able to travel within Canada with relative frequency to the nominated region
– 3+ years of owning or managing a successful kids’ activity business preferred
– Health Spending Account
– Super generous leave provisions
– Flexible, fast start-up environment
– Ability to be exposed to many areas of the business and grow with us
– Embed yourself in the learning space with our team
If this opportunity sounds like the meaningful career challenge you’ve been looking for, we can’t wait to meet you!
MakerKids is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest in MakerKids but would like to advise that only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]